THE GOOD MORNING ARAKAN - NEWS

Dear all, We, members of GMA-News, are so hardly trying to submit upon in and out of our people suffering issues to world people know. And we are trying so hardly and honestly even facing with so difficulty like in surrounding side. We, GMA-News group has open policy for new members if any body interested to be a member with honor the Arakanese profit. With the best regards, Yours truly, GMA-News group

Friday, January 06, 2006

Interview with an urban refugee, Ko Hlaing Htwe

Interview with an urban refugee, Ko Hlaing Htwe
Dhaka - Friday, January 6, 2006

GMA: What's your name please?
My name is Hlaing Htwe

GMA: May I know your identity?
I am a Burmese national in exile and a political refugee living under the protection of UNHCR, Dhaka, Bangladesh.

GMA: May I know your ID number of UNHCR?
My UNHCR ID number is 01088.

GMA: When you were recognized by UNHCR as a political refugee?
I was recognized in 2001 as a political refugee.

GMA: What happen then?
On 2003, I was compelled to take so-called lump sum under the 1997 policy of UNHCR. Then I had to shift from Dhaka to Dabikhali village (Natchaungchari thana, Bandaraban district, Chittagong hill tract, southeastern part of Bangladesh) for settle so-called my project poultry firm.

GMA: Why you were arrested by BDR personals and when?

On 10 May, 2005, as a being Burmese national, I was arrested by BDR personals from my settle village, Dabikhali. Then they brought me jail cell inside the compound of Nakyongchari police station and asked, interrogated, persecution me under the various kind of way for Arakan revolutionaries and location of their arms.

GMA: Did you show your ID card of UNHCR and say them (BDR personals) that you
are a concern person of UNHCR?
Of course, my ID card of UNHCR was showed by me to them (BDR personals) and I told
them that I am living under the protection of UNHCR branch office, Dhaka. But I could do nothing and my UNHCR card was totally ignored by BDR personal.

GMA: Can you talk me some how detail about your victims time?

On May 10, 2005, I was arrested by Bangladesh Defense Rifle- BDR from my settle firm house for doubt concerning carnation with Arakan revolutionaries forces.

As first step, from 10 May to 12 May, 2005, I was ordered by BDR to lay flat position, then my nose hands and legs were tightening with clothes and ropes. And then my mouth was poured repeatedly by water, kicking by boots severally and batten with cane sticks several time around the my body only for asking arms and Arakanese revolutionaries, daily three times on morning, noon and evening. But I couldn't give any answer for them , BDR personal, because of I know nothing.

As a second step, from 13 May to 14 May, 2005, I was ordered to lay opposite position of above mentioned then both of legs and hands were firmly tightening together with a rope from back side then my noses were also bound with clothes. When reached my position as mention image, my mouth was bind with a rope and then draw severally from back side for broken my back bones, then as previous days I was kicked, beaten and then again my mouth was poured by water. Then they left me when I was free from sense. In that way, they (BDR personals) were interrogated and persecution me daily three time for two days, for so-called Arakan revolutionaries and arms but I couldn't provide anything for them as previous way because of nothing know.

As a third step, I was shocked till senseless three times for 15 May, 2005.

GMA. Have left anything for your jail life to talk?

Yes, 16 May to till 21 May, 2005, I had to live as a camp cleaner of that Nakyongchari police station. Then released me under the bound and given promise that I must at my firm and if I have to go any where from my firm house I must inform them as in advance, why, what purpose I have to leave or go, etc. If I left without given information for them, they must order me for arrest again.

GMA: Do you live in there, still now?
No, because of joint operation of Rapid Action Battalion -RAB & BDR is so dangerous in that areas against Burmese in exile. Now, I have already shift for another place like deep forest side since some months back. And I have heard that they, BDR personals, were order me for arrest warrant.
In the result of that I couldn't come to Dhaka for my renew card of UNHCR for like the whole year of 2005. That's why, now I am facing with difficulty when I come for my renew card for 2006 of UNHCR.

GMA: Do you think any reason about operation against in exile Burmese nationals?
In my view mean reasons are Arakan gas pipe line and getting development relationship
between Rangoon and Dhaka day by day.

GMA: Would you like to talk anything for UNHCR, if possible?

Yes, of course because of my practical has been in hell, Mr. Khine Soe's suffering ( UNHCR ID no: 01028), Maung Kyaw Moe, etc and like Mr. Min Wa, a Burmese national political refugee, is still in Bandaraban jail. As seeing this proves, we, Burmese nationals political refugees have no any security here.
Therefore, if possible through this interview with GMA-News, I would like to earnestly request to respective authorized persons of UNHCR and respective office of UNHCR, Dhaka that to resettle upon us in any third countries under the resettlement program as soon as possible.

GMA: Thanks for your patience and times, Ko Hlaing Htwe

I also the same like to you.


The Good Morning Arakan - GMA (News)
Contact number: ++ 88 011 081 074

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home